ようこそ
It truly is amazing how the brain can quite literally just decide to devise new projects then suddenly give itself an unstoppable craving to do it. I guess that's what this blog will be. A way to settle my craving for three things. A diary to reflect back on in roughly 2023, an incredibly simple memory tool for certain words and just a place to post random rubbish in relation to current on-going events.
For a little background, I've been doing casual learning of Japanese for roughly a year now. I decided to take it seriously by pursuing a dream of quitting my job and going to University as well as participate in a 'night school' course for an entry-level 3 Certification in Practical Japanese. In a good turn of events, I was accepted into University (though with the current situation it seems that will be most likely be disrupted) and achieved that level 3 certification!
As such, this blog will mostly be a small compendium of random words and their explanations as well as (when the time comes) my time In Japan. If all goes to plan and assuming the world does not end, I should be there for a year of study in 2021. Not going to lie, going from enjoying Japanese games as a child to completing a level 3 with horizons of actually moving there for a year is daunting hence why I'm so eager to get to at least a decent degree.
As for where I am now, I can read both hiragana and katakana to a good level and each day I make the attempt to pick up more kanji to add to my vocabulary. It's very much like collecting pokemon and makes all the difference reading a sentence and not being thrown off by a random 美 or 森本. It's my actual speaking which requires practice so hopefully, I'll have willing speaking partners in Uni...
Hopefully...
Funnily enough, the kanji I use most in my user name is 雨 mostly because I enjoy how much it actually looks like rain. It was also the first kanji I ever learned, something which I believe my cousin told me around age 7. To be honest, he was the one that introduced me to some classic Japanese games as a child and is probably the reason for all of this. Boom. Butterfly effect.
Funnily enough, the kanji I use most in my user name is 雨 mostly because I enjoy how much it actually looks like rain. It was also the first kanji I ever learned, something which I believe my cousin told me around age 7. To be honest, he was the one that introduced me to some classic Japanese games as a child and is probably the reason for all of this. Boom. Butterfly effect.
The Silent Hill reference for this blog post is not just because I'm listening to Akira Yamaoka but rather something else for this blog. Since my work is shut, I'm earning furlough pay however that doesn't mean I've personally stopped working. After completing some work for my Father, I decided to buy the novel version of Silent Hill 2. To my knowledge, there is not an English official translation of this book, and it's actually quite rare in western countries.
It will be arriving from Japan so I'm very uncertain when it will arrive. Regardless, I want to make it my long and extensive project to translate two pages a day. It will be a major learning experience for me and once complete I can post it here. I hope that's legal. It's for educational purposes so. I'll probably make a blog post about Silent Hill 2, I rate it one of the greatest games of all time.
Anyway, that's it from me, expect a post tomorrow and I'll see you then.
手紙 = Tegami. Letter
受け取った = Uketotta. To receive something.
Therefore, Tegami wo uketotta means To receive a letter. This obviously is not the same as 'I got a letter' due to the difference in the tongue. I'll report back tomorrow once I've actually done some research and not just assumed my Japanese is correct.
手紙 = Tegami. Letter
受け取った = Uketotta. To receive something.
Therefore, Tegami wo uketotta means To receive a letter. This obviously is not the same as 'I got a letter' due to the difference in the tongue. I'll report back tomorrow once I've actually done some research and not just assumed my Japanese is correct.
Today's choice of song is: Dance With Night Wind - Akira Yamaoka
No comments:
Post a Comment