Saturday, May 2, 2020

手紙が来た -a letter came

So that's what it was

While my translation was, sort of correct. It seems there is a far easier way to say 'I got a letter' than my original Tegami wo uketotta. I believe mine was far too formal and seemed to specify a certain letter rather than just informing the listener they got a letter. The closer translation of those first amazing words from Silent hill 2. 

Tegami ga Kita. 
来た - Kita meaning came. 

I was able to find out the correct translation from おついち. A Japanese YouTuber who I have started to watch religiously as he does let's plays of classic horror games with a fellow YouTuber, 2BRO. It's made me think more about delving into Japanese only games. No aids or assistance and forced to straight-up manually translate while playing. I already do this while watching おついち however it's very different to playing a game which requires serious attention and instruction following.  It sounds grueling but could be a good personal project. I did try this with a demo of 龍が如く7 to a pretty decent degree but nowhere near enough to understand entirely what was going on. My katakana still needs some serious attention too. 

Regardless, Kita is a lot simpler than remembering uketotta, or maybe I'm just tired. While I told myself I'd grab an early night, I instead remained awake till three, trying to get a working patch for Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. It sounds like a weird game to invest time into, but as a kid I absolutely adored it. Still do, to some degree. Planning on making a video about it soon. It's a real shame because that game is just the perfect spin-off. It's flawed beyond belief yet I see it as the perfect 

PODCAST GAME.

Podcast games are brilliant. I tend to classify podcast games as ones that you don't really need to pay attention too. I've spent a near 700 hours on Gmod purley because I'll switch on a podcast and just shoot shite. Same for games like ARMAs editor and Total wars quick battles. Nothing better than firing up a mindless game, grabbing some food, and just shooting the shit while listening to random voices over the internet. Helpful too if you're learning a language and just want some background noise, picking out words and sentences you understand. Speaking of which, I think I'll do that now. 

これは誰の犬ですか

これー This
誰 - Who
犬 - Dog


Kore ha dare no inu desu ka

Who's dog is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment