Wednesday, May 6, 2020

水曜日の翻訳

Another Wednesday flies by in Quarantine. It seems Uni is looking good once more as they've assured me all will be sorted. That's one relief I guess. Forgive the rushed into, I'm physically (and mentally) tired from dealing with this however we seem to be in the green for now. As for the physical, I believe I was suffering a haunting last night. Doorbell going off at midnight, noises of unknown origin. Crazy shit. Also, my arms hurt from weight lifting. ANYWAY

Today will be a nice short one once again on Seige. Nothing too long this time, I promise. First, we'll be looking at the special ability of the character 火花今川, Hibana Imagawa. She is part of the 攻撃側 side on Rainbow six Seige. If you don't know the kanji I just put there, read the previous post! I want to start using as much kanji as possible (I am speaking to me here) just to help with memory.

This is the only reason I know her name as 今川
For some background, each character has its own little loadout menu complete with skins you can purchase, weapon customization menus (everybody gets two weapons to choose from) skin customization menus, and an explanation on their special ability. As of writing, I only know Imagawa has some weird explosive sticky grenade launcher that can launch onto blockades and detonate. So let's translate it. This may take a bit to cover/


Let's begin with the top message. Let's skip the katakana as we know it says match. So after that, we have some kanji. Lovely. Now, the second kanji there may be familiar. It's kanji for the start or the beginning of something which is...

始め - Hajime, start or begin or beginning.

Pretty much if you see 始 anywhere it will definitely imply something is starting. Can you guess what it means yet? Only problem is it doesn't say hajime. YEP, it's time for a change based on the kanji prior. So the kanji prior is

開- Hiraki. It means open. It actually looks like two gates shifted open with a temple that lays in wait. Open, Unseal, it pretty much deals with it. If you see a sign saying...

公開-Kokai, It means open to the public or released.

For now, though, it means released or public. Combined with Hajime, Hiraki becomes

開始 - Kaishi also meaning start or commencing.

So with that, we have
マッチが開始されました - The match has started.
matchu ga kaishi saremashita

Crazy, and that's just the first small message at the top. Saremashita is like suru or shimasu from what I can gather. Since the match has started, it's saremashita.

Good god how far along are we?


Next up we have the arrow with ESC next to it, I'll do this one quickly.
If you look closely, it actually has our good screaming friend 攻撃 meaning attack! As for the final kanji I really wish it was に戻る but I guess return to attack wouldn't really make sense. The last kanji is

系 - Kei meaning system.

So 攻撃系 just means attack system which we know as the menu showing the 攻撃側

The two katakana menus say Hedogia and Uniformu, take a guess!
The kanji next to the customization menu say...

管理 - Kanri meaning management. The to between kanri and the katakana acts as an *and* so we have

 管理とカストマイス simply mean management (in regards to weapons) and customization!
kanri to customaisu

The kanji block beneath that is a nice easy one. Remember the Soviet Union  Russian Federation olyimpic extravaganza held in sochi?Well,

装備 - Soubi - equipment.

Remember, we are in the 管理 menu so of course, we are going to see a tab for 装備.
(Note, souchi and soubi both mean equipment but have a different second kanji, I'm unsure why but in this instance it's soubi)

Still, keeping up? Yes, I apologize for the rushed nature of things but I've just received an email I must attend to.

Finally, at the bottom, we have.


Let's break this down at sonic speed. The (I) is letting us know something about these jumbled phrases. Alas, none of these kanji look familiar.

The I is information for us English speakers and it's no different here. The kanji is

情報 - Jouho - Information. What a great piece of kanji too. Fun to say and easy to remember. Now Joho can also mean intelligence and this section is where the character stats and bios can be located. So 情報 is incredibly useful here.

Beneath 情報 we have

詳細 - Shosai - Details
統計 - Tokei - Statistics

Keep in mind, 時計 is tokei too but is used for clock/watch. Notice this tokei has Ji from jikan in front of it. They mean equally different things.

That's it for today, I've just gotten the email from the university so I've got some reading to do. We shall finish this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment