Tuesday, May 5, 2020

悲しい

Mairu ga kita

And it's mail you don't want to receive. Due to COVID 19, the University course I applied for was, canceled. Yeah. THANKFULLY, what I can do is take a pretty similar course however that one lasts 4 years. To be honest, I'm a little letdown and financially, I'm unsure if I can handle 4 years but regardless I'll be taking it. This is just a hassle due to financing already being sorted. No post for tonight got a lot to plan out.

HAHA

Ok, a small post. Mostly to take my mind of this. Ah Covid, can you kindly fuck off, please?

So let's begin. I know I said I will be focusing on Far Cry but I'd like to delve a little into a game called Rainbow Six Seige. I've been a fan of rainbow six since vegas but it's evolved more into a counter strike style hero shooter. I usually dislike this kind of game, but I'll be honest. It's very addicting. I deliberately chose Japanese as the language this time. It has its difficult moments but compared to Far cry it's a cakewalk. Let's begin with the main menu and an In-game screenshot.
It seems the vegas team went to space.

The main menu here consists mostly of katakana, making it much easier to decipher. No 続ける this time. Though, If we remember what that meant I guess it wouldn't make any sense. At the top of the screenshot, we have the most easily recognizable slam of katakana for games. ホーム. This literally means home. Next to it, we have オペレーター. If you play seige, have a guess! Finally, we have ショップ meaning.... STORE! ha, kidding. It's everyone's favorite Shoppu. So we have...

ホーム.                  オペレーター            ショップ

簡単だったでうか❓ もちろん!


So then, we've got the top cleared. Nicely done me. So, that big blue Katakana button? Another easy one thanks to katakana. Honestly if you're struggling to get katakana like I was (and still am to be honest) grab an app called Katakana pro. You'll be golden.

I did lie, however. I was sat looking at this one for a while since it was far from easy. This one reads "Maruchipureinyukama wo purei"

That being multiplayer for the top line, signifying click here for multiplayer. Below, it states Newcomer wo Purei meaning play newcomer game mode. This was due to me just starting the game at the time <level 6 though!> The only kanji we have on here is right at the bottom near alerts.

The top line being Amaru explorer set
Easy but not really, I sounded like a muppet trying to spell this out
Here we have 名 most commonly found in 名前 meaning name AND NOT KIMI and 声 meaning voice. If you recall, we had a very similar one to this.

音声 - Onsei! Meaning sound. Well, to me sound and voice settings but regardless
So, I made the same mistake of immediately seeing as I saw and said Nakoe. It's wrong. I don't know what. This time it's...

名声- Meisei. Meaning fame. It seems Koe becomes sei again.

That's it for the main menu. Before rounding off this post, here's one more

Lovely fat kanji to finish the day
Before we begin, I want you to stand up, pretend you're holding a katana and scream
KOOOOOOOOOGEKIIIIIIIIIII

Thanks total war shogun II. Yes, so Kogeki or 攻撃 means attack. DO NOT confuse this and jump straight to attack on titan and argue that 進撃 (shingeki) is attack from the famous attack on Titan. It's poor translation. (Look at me trying to sound smart. Shingeki is more attune to "march or advancing" so funnily enough attack on titan should be march of the titan or titans advance or something a long those lines. I don't know, I'm still a novice. Back to it.

So we have 攻撃 meaning attack and the kanji at the end is 側 - soba, but in this instance it's Gawa meaning side or team. Therefore we have

攻撃側 - Attacking side. - kogeki Gawa

This also means one kanji from the rival team is already done for us! On the other hand we have
防衛 - Boei, meaning defense. 町の防衛 means town defense etc etc. So, since we know 側 we can just put them together

防衛側 - Defense side or defending side. - Boei gawa

Well, that's it for today. Enjoy folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment